What We Do
In order for the Police and Crime Commissioner to be able to successfully carry out their duties they are supported by an Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC).
The OPCC is led by the Chief Executive, Fraser Sampson, who is responsible for employing and managing the staff team as well as providing a monitoring role with regard to standards.
The team also includes a Chief Finance Officer, Judith Heeley, who will advise the Commissioner on financial matters and the impact of any budget, spending and commissioning decisions.
Other staff provide specific support on key areas of business and also undertake the administrative function of the office.
The Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act also allows for the Commisioner to appoint a Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner if they wish to do so.
Some of the key roles and functions that the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner carries out in support of the Commissioner includes the following:
- Strategic and resource planning
- Priority setting
- Budget and financial decision making
- Audit, governance and scrutiny
- Performance monitoring
- Complaints monitoring, handling and resolution
- Partnership working and engagement
- Communication, consultation and engagement with the public
- Press and media
- Maintaining a constructive working relationship with the Police and Crime Panel
- Administering the Independent Custody Visiting Scheme
14 June 2013
18 June 2013
21 June 2013
Select your local policing division for news and events in your area.