The following outlines the terms and conditions under which the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner website www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk (or any successor URL), its content, graphic design, search facilities and online services is made accessible to you.
Please take the time to read these terms and conditions carefully. In using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out here.
The first part refers to the main website and the second refers to the use of social media sites.
General - Force Websites
This website is owned and operated by the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner. Our Web Communications team is located at Ploughland House, 62 George Street, Wakefield, WF1 1DL.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure information on this website is precise and up to date, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. You accept full responsibility for the use of this website. We will not accept liability for any expense, damage or loss you may incur as a result of using, or relying upon, information contained in, or omitted from this website. We do not guarantee a level of performance, quality, or fitness for purpose in relation to this website or the information and services contained within it.
The downloading of any material from this website must be done in accordance with these terms and conditions. The downloading of material is only permissible if you:
- Use the material downloaded for your personal use only, or for the internal use of your business or employer.
- When downloading material, or making print copies of downloaded material, you shall preserve, and remain bound by the terms and conditions of these copyright notices.
Third Party Services
- The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Website and Content is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis and neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor its suppliers of third party data referred to in para 2 below guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any Content whatsoever. All implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these Terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
- The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner uses information derived from third party data. Neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor the suppliers of third party data warrant the accuracy of the data and accept no liability of any kind to any person in relation to the data including liability for errors or defects in or omissions from the data, delays in publication of the data or any breakdown or cessation of the journey planning service or (in the case of the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner) the supply of data from its third party contractors howsoever caused.
- In no event will the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner or its suppliers of third party data be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
- Neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor its suppliers of third party data warrant that the Website or Content will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner intends to engage in a two way conversation using social media (for example, Facebook and Twitter), but has set out some guidelines to ensure that these conversations are appropriate, ensure that people are safe and give you an idea as to how certain types of information will be treated.
- We shall attempt to respond to postings appropriately, but we
are unable to engage in dialogue on a 24/7 basis. Priority will be
given to responding to issues during office hours. Occasionally
during these times it may not be possible to enter into or continue
a discussion due to operational matters.
We will NOT accept offensive or discriminatory language, which may cause harassment, alarm or distress. This includes comments which are perceived as racist or homophobic. If they are posted on media platforms where we have editorial control, they shall be challenged and removed.
Crime reports and criminal intelligence should NOT be posted on our social media platforms. There are a number of established channels for reporting crime and information. A request for urgent help on these sites cannot be dealt with - in an emergency you should call 999. Alternatively, for non emergencies try the West Yorkshire Police online crime reporting page (http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/contact-us/report-crime), call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- Certain issues which relate to ongoing prosecutions, or information which identifies personal details without that individuals express consent, should not be posted and will be removed if sites are within the editorial control of the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner .
Our Twitter Account
The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Twitter account has been set up to inform the public of news, events and activities of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
If you 'follow' us on Twitter we will NOT automatically follow you back. This is to deter the use of direct messaging. Being followed by us does not imply endorsement/partnership/collaboration of any kind.
Replies and contacting the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner
We are unable to monitor Twitter round the clock. However, we will seek to answer all reasonable tweeted questions. Please be aware that due to the sensitive nature of our work, or other demands, it may not be possible to answer all questions.
Please do not try to report crime using Twitter.
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers.
As previously mentioned, we cannot guarantee we'll be able to read everything marked for our attention but we will endeavour to ensure any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people and responded to where possible.
You are also reminded that malicious communications using Twitter may constitute a criminal offence and will be dealt with appropriately.
We will update and monitor our Twitter feed as reasonably necessary and practicable. Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
**"We" and "Us" being the Office of the West Yorkshire
Police and Crime Commissioner
22 May 2013
29 May 2013
Select your local policing division for news and events in your area.