The following outlines the terms and conditions under which the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner website www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk (or any successor URL), its content, graphic design, search facilities and online services is made accessible to you.
Please take the time to read these terms and conditions carefully. In using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out here.
The first part refers to the main website and the second refers to the use of social media sites.
General - Force Websites
This website is owned and operated by the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner. Our Web Communications team is located at Ploughland House, 62 George Street, Wakefield, WF1 1DL.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure information on this website is precise and up to date, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. You accept full responsibility for the use of this website. We will not accept liability for any expense, damage or loss you may incur as a result of using, or relying upon, information contained in, or omitted from this website. We do not guarantee a level of performance, quality, or fitness for purpose in relation to this website or the information and services contained within it.
The downloading of any material from this website must be done in accordance with these terms and conditions. The downloading of material is only permissible if you:
- Use the material downloaded for your personal use only, or for the internal use of your business or employer.
- When downloading material, or making print copies of downloaded material, you shall preserve, and remain bound by the terms and conditions of these copyright notices.
Third Party Services
- The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Website and Content is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis and neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor its suppliers of third party data referred to in para 2 below guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Website or any Content whatsoever. All implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy are excluded from these Terms to the extent that they may be excluded as a matter of law.
- The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner uses information derived from third party data. Neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor the suppliers of third party data warrant the accuracy of the data and accept no liability of any kind to any person in relation to the data including liability for errors or defects in or omissions from the data, delays in publication of the data or any breakdown or cessation of the journey planning service or (in the case of the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner) the supply of data from its third party contractors howsoever caused.
- In no event will the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner or its suppliers of third party data be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website.
- Neither the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner nor its suppliers of third party data warrant that the Website or Content will be uninterrupted or error free, that any defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
Data collection and use
You may be asked for personal information if you complete one of the forms on this site.
In each case we will only use the information about you for the purpose for which you provide it. Personal information you submit on the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire website is stored on secure servers. We will not share your personal information with any other organisation outside of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire without your permission.
You may remove or change your details at any time. You have right of access to your personal information held on our files by written request to the data protection officer (address below).
Site registration and email service
When you register onto the site or subscribe to our emails, we ask you for contact information (such as your name and e-mail address), geographic information (such as your postcode), and other details about you and your interests. This is used to help us provide you with information to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you of campaigns you may be interested in and events happening in your area.
Links to other sites
Our site contains links to other sites and servers. The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
If you would like to unsubscribe you can do so by email, phone or letter. Please click here for contact details.
Correcting your information
If you need to correct the information you provided to us you can do so by email, phone or letter. Please see contact details at the bottom of the page.
This website uses Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool which helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their websites. The tool uses "cookies," which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for The Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source.
Information on Cookies
More information on cookies can be found here.
More Information/Opt Out
More information on Google Analytics including information on how to opt out can be found here.
Contacting us about privacy
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following address:
Ploughland House, 62 George Street, Wakefield, WF1 1DL
The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner intends to engage in a two way conversation using social media (for example, Facebook and Twitter), but has set out some guidelines to ensure that these conversations are appropriate, ensure that people are safe and give you an idea as to how certain types of information will be treated.
- We shall attempt to respond to postings appropriately, but we
are unable to engage in dialogue on a 24/7 basis. Priority will be
given to responding to issues during office hours. Occasionally
during these times it may not be possible to enter into or continue
a discussion due to operational matters.
We will NOT accept offensive or discriminatory language, which may cause harassment, alarm or distress. This includes comments which are perceived as racist or homophobic. If they are posted on media platforms where we have editorial control, they shall be challenged and removed.
Crime reports and criminal intelligence should NOT be posted on our social media platforms. There are a number of established channels for reporting crime and information. A request for urgent help on these sites cannot be dealt with - in an emergency you should call 999. Alternatively, for non emergencies try the West Yorkshire Police online crime reporting page (http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/contact-us/report-crime), call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111
- Certain issues which relate to ongoing prosecutions, or information which identifies personal details without that individuals express consent, should not be posted and will be removed if sites are within the editorial control of the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
We reserve the right to remove any tweets, messages, comments or block users that break the rules of the relevant site, or any of the following moderation guidelines:
- don't swear, use hate-speech or offensive language
- don't post messages that are unlawful, libellous, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- don't incite or condone illegal activity
- don't post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright
- don't post the same message or image, or very similar messages, more than once - also known as "spamming"
- don't publish anyone else's personal information, or information that may infringe upon personal privacy
- don't advertise commercial products or services
- don't impersonate someone else or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- don't discuss ongoing cases and investigations
- don't post links to malicious websites/code
- be respectful - don't write malicious or offensive comments, and don't make personal attacks
- don't incite hatred in the context of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or any other personal characteristic
Our Twitter Account
The Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Twitter account has been set up to inform the public of news, events and activities of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner.
If you follow the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner forWest Yorkshirewe will not automatically follow you back, please do not be offended by this. This is done to keep numbers of followers at a manageable level and avoids spam accounts and limits the use of direct messages to keep discussions open.
The following of an account should not be interpreted as an endorsement of any kind by the Police and Crime Commissioner forWest Yorkshireor his office. The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner forWest Yorkshirereserves the right to unfollow accounts at any time.
Retweeting is used to highlight appropriate content that is relevant to the work of the Police and Crime Commissioner forWest Yorkshire, our partners or our followers. Retweeting should not be interpreted as an endorsement of the message, the individual or organisation the message originated from or any organisations/individuals the message refers to.
Replies and contacting the Office of the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner
We are unable to monitor Twitter round the clock. However, we will seek to answer all reasonable tweeted questions. Please be aware that due to the sensitive nature of our work, or other demands, it may not be possible to answer all questions.
Please do not try to report crime using Twitter.
We welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers.
As previously mentioned, we cannot guarantee we'll be able to read everything marked for our attention but we will endeavour to ensure any emerging themes or helpful suggestions are passed to the relevant people and responded to where possible.
You are also reminded that malicious communications using Twitter may constitute a criminal offence and will be dealt with appropriately.
We will update and monitor our Twitter feed as reasonably necessary and practicable. Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime.
*We reserve the right to change our social media rules and guidelines at any time
**"We" and "Us" being the Office of the West Yorkshire
Police and Crime Commissioner