Tackling crime relies on the law abiding majority (5 March 2013)

When a warrant is issued on a criminal matter, it may be released to the publicso that the Police can be assisted to find individuals. These can be found under the 'Camera Alerts' section of the West Yorkshire Police website by clicking 'Wanted on Warrant'

Mark Burns-Williamson, Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire said:

"As your Police and Crime Commissioner forWest Yorkshire I would always encourage you to help the police. However, if you find someone who has a warrant out on them it doesn't mean that you should attempt a citizen's arrest!"

 "If you suspect you know someoneor have seen someone who is wanted on warrant; you can make a difference and help the police by reporting it."

There are many other ways local people in communities can play their part, like identifying those 'Caught on camera', to help the Police find perpetrators and witnesses.

Mark Burns-Williamson added: "I know that Police Officers and Police Community Support Officers are only as effective as the public's trust in them and support they give them. I will make sure in my soon to be published Police and Crime Plan forWest Yorkshirethat the Chief Constable and his officers like me are always out listening to communities, to further build that vital trust and relationship with those we serve.

Making reports to the Police can be done in a number of ways:

  • Report it by calling the police non emergency number 101 or via Crime Stoppers
  • Report it online via the West Yorkshire Police website
  • Speak to your local Police Officers or Police Community Support Officers
  • Attend your local PACT meeting or Contact Point
© Copyright West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner 2019