- Up to Current
- Community boost from Commissioner crime fund (31 July 2014)
- Commissioner fund targets diversity (4 Aug 2014)
- Huge community boost from Commissioner crime fund with more than £500,000 awarded this year so far (23 Oct 2014)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner opens latest community fund grant round (3 Nov 2014)
- Nearly £700,000 Awarded to Good Crime Causes in 2014 by West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (15 Dec 2014)
- Commissioner’s Crime Fund continues to make a big impact (30 Jan 2015)
- Safer Communities Fund grant (11 May 2015)
- New round of grants for Police and Crime Commissioner’s Community Fund (1 Sept 2015)
- One million pounds given to West Yorkshire by Police and Crime Commissioner to help reduce crime (27 Nov 2015)
- £200,000 for good causes as the Safer Communities Fund opens for applications (30 Nov 2015)
- Antisocial youths in Bradford being educated thanks to Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund (19 Feb 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps adults with learning disabilities (29 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps make young people safer in Kirklees (29 Jan 2016)
- Drug awareness project launched (18 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner Supports “It’s My Right” Transgender Youth Campaign (13 Oct 2015)
- Police and Crime Commissioner joins a No Way Trust visit (17 Mar 2015)
- Over £1.2million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (4 Mar 2016)
- Airedale students create DVD to tackle alcohol and domestic abuse (11 Mar 2016)
- Safer Communities Fund helps young women at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner inviting good causes to apply for a slice of £130,000 (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Sees Community Spirit in Dewsbury (16 Mar 2016)
- Over £1.3 million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (24 June 2016)
- £140,000 available for good causes in latest round of the Safer Communities Fund (12 Dec 2016)
- Latest Safer Communities Fund grant opens and targets crime prevention (30 Aug 2016)
- Over £1.5m of recovered criminal cash returned to our communities (2 Dec 2016)
New round of grants for Police and Crime Commissioner’s Community Fund (1 Sept 2015)
A new round of grants for the Police and Crime Commissioner's Safer Communities Fund opens today (1st September). The grants are provided using money seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act within West Yorkshire. Local organisations and groups can apply for up to £5000. Around £140,000 has been made available for this round of grants. So far a total of over £850,000 has been given to 191 groups across West Yorkshire.
Mark Burns Williamson, West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), said: "I originally launched the Safer Communities Fund to bring together money seized from criminals across West Yorkshire into a single pot which will benefit the local communities.
"There is an incredible demand for funding to pay for community projects from a very diverse and varied audience across West Yorkshire, which will help people be safer and feel safer.
"I would urge any organisations or groups that feel they meet the criteria for the grants to apply. We have helped some very worthwhile causes in the previous years and I hope this year will see more."
Each submission must meet the priorities and outcomes outlined in the PCC's Police and Crime Plan - these can be found at /our-business/the-police-crime-plan.aspx
Successful bidders will be invited to a Community event where they will be presented with their money.
Bids for money under the Safer Communities Fund can be made on-line or can be downloaded from the West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner's website /safer-communities-fund/how-to-apply.aspx
The closing date for applications is Friday, 25th September.