- Up to Current
- Community boost from Commissioner crime fund (31 July 2014)
- Commissioner fund targets diversity (4 Aug 2014)
- Huge community boost from Commissioner crime fund with more than £500,000 awarded this year so far (23 Oct 2014)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner opens latest community fund grant round (3 Nov 2014)
- Nearly £700,000 Awarded to Good Crime Causes in 2014 by West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (15 Dec 2014)
- Commissioner’s Crime Fund continues to make a big impact (30 Jan 2015)
- Safer Communities Fund grant (11 May 2015)
- New round of grants for Police and Crime Commissioner’s Community Fund (1 Sept 2015)
- One million pounds given to West Yorkshire by Police and Crime Commissioner to help reduce crime (27 Nov 2015)
- £200,000 for good causes as the Safer Communities Fund opens for applications (30 Nov 2015)
- Antisocial youths in Bradford being educated thanks to Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund (19 Feb 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps adults with learning disabilities (29 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps make young people safer in Kirklees (29 Jan 2016)
- Drug awareness project launched (18 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner Supports “It’s My Right” Transgender Youth Campaign (13 Oct 2015)
- Police and Crime Commissioner joins a No Way Trust visit (17 Mar 2015)
- Over £1.2million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (4 Mar 2016)
- Airedale students create DVD to tackle alcohol and domestic abuse (11 Mar 2016)
- Safer Communities Fund helps young women at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner inviting good causes to apply for a slice of £130,000 (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Sees Community Spirit in Dewsbury (16 Mar 2016)
- Over £1.3 million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (24 June 2016)
- £140,000 available for good causes in latest round of the Safer Communities Fund (12 Dec 2016)
- Latest Safer Communities Fund grant opens and targets crime prevention (30 Aug 2016)
- Over £1.5m of recovered criminal cash returned to our communities (2 Dec 2016)
One million pounds given to West Yorkshire by Police and Crime Commissioner to help reduce crime (27 Nov 2015)
West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner, Mark Burns-Williamson, has awarded nearly £153,000 in the latest round of the Safer Communities Funds (SCF) grants - taking the grand total of awards given since the SCF began to over £1milllion.
Successful applicants gathered at Wakefield District Headquarters where they received their cheques of up to £5000.
The grants come from the Police and Crime Commissioner's Safer Communities Fund which uses money seized from criminals under the Proceeds of Crime Act. It was started nearly two years ago and has awarded £1,016,122 since that time.
Mr Burns-Williamson said: "I originally launched the Safer Communities Fund to bring together money seized from criminals across West Yorkshire into a single pot to benefit the local communities. There is an incredible demand for funding to pay for community projects which will help people across the county be safer and feel safer.
I am delighted that we have now reached the £1 million milestone - that means that £1million of criminals' money has been used to help the people of West Yorkshire prevent crime, and it doesn't stop there the next round of grants will open next week."
Hundreds of applications have been received by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner since the fund launched in February 2014 and so far a total of 226 groups have benefited.
The next grant round opens on 30th November, 2015. Applicants can apply for up to £5000 with a total pot of £200,000 to be awarded in February 2016. If you're interested in applying or want to find out more about any of the projects which have been funded then please visit www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk/safer-communities-fund.aspx where you can check whether you meet the required criteria and find out how to apply.