- Up to Current
- Community boost from Commissioner crime fund (31 July 2014)
- Commissioner fund targets diversity (4 Aug 2014)
- Huge community boost from Commissioner crime fund with more than £500,000 awarded this year so far (23 Oct 2014)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner opens latest community fund grant round (3 Nov 2014)
- Nearly £700,000 Awarded to Good Crime Causes in 2014 by West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (15 Dec 2014)
- Commissioner’s Crime Fund continues to make a big impact (30 Jan 2015)
- Safer Communities Fund grant (11 May 2015)
- New round of grants for Police and Crime Commissioner’s Community Fund (1 Sept 2015)
- One million pounds given to West Yorkshire by Police and Crime Commissioner to help reduce crime (27 Nov 2015)
- £200,000 for good causes as the Safer Communities Fund opens for applications (30 Nov 2015)
- Antisocial youths in Bradford being educated thanks to Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund (19 Feb 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps adults with learning disabilities (29 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner’s Safer Communities Fund helps make young people safer in Kirklees (29 Jan 2016)
- Drug awareness project launched (18 Jan 2016)
- Police and Crime Commissioner Supports “It’s My Right” Transgender Youth Campaign (13 Oct 2015)
- Police and Crime Commissioner joins a No Way Trust visit (17 Mar 2015)
- Over £1.2million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (4 Mar 2016)
- Airedale students create DVD to tackle alcohol and domestic abuse (11 Mar 2016)
- Safer Communities Fund helps young women at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner inviting good causes to apply for a slice of £130,000 (14 Mar 2016)
- West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner Sees Community Spirit in Dewsbury (16 Mar 2016)
- Over £1.3 million of recovered money given to good causes by West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (24 June 2016)
- £140,000 available for good causes in latest round of the Safer Communities Fund (12 Dec 2016)
- Latest Safer Communities Fund grant opens and targets crime prevention (30 Aug 2016)
- Over £1.5m of recovered criminal cash returned to our communities (2 Dec 2016)
West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner opens latest community fund grant round (3 Nov 2014)
The fourth grant round of the Safer Communities Fund has
officially opened today (03/11) with £130, 000 available for local
groups and organisations.
Applications for up to £7,500 can now be submitted and will be considered by an Independent Advisory Board.
This latest grant round comes nine months after the launch of the fund with £567,000 distributed to date.
Money seized from criminals under the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) is fed into this single community pot exclusively for local community safety initiatives.
Videos from the first grant round, including successful projects in Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, will be released over the coming week, showing the work that has been done with the money to ensure communities are safer and feel safer.
West Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Mark Burns-Williamson said:
"I launched the Safer Communities Fund at the start of this year to support local groups, organisation and charities that deliver upon community safety.
"It is great to see the work that has been enabled due to the fund so far and I hope the videos of successful projects will encourage more projects to apply.
"There's been unprecedented interest in the fund, with hundreds of groups from across West Yorkshire applying to receive a share of £567, 000 which has been distributed to date.
"Each must reflect priorities and outcomes outlined in my
refreshed Police and Crime Plan /our-business/the-police-crime-plan.aspx
to make our communities safer and feel safer.
"The closing date for applications is the 5th December and more information on the fund can be found on my website www.westyorkshire-pcc.gov.uk."