Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire | WYPCC

Work With Us

Vacancies within Mark's team will be posted here.

Business Support Officer
Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC)
1 x Post – 37 hours

West Yorkshire's Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), Mark Burns-Williamson, is seeking to appoint a Business Support Officer to work with him to continue to make a real difference to the lives of people across communities in West Yorkshire.

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) in Wakefield, headed by the PCC, is responsible for working with West Yorkshire Police and partners to keep West Yorkshire safe and feeling safe by delivering on the priorities contained in the Police and Crime Plan. 

 You will play a crucial part in supporting us to deliver on our Police and Crime Plan.

We are looking for a motivated self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative and contribute fully to a team to provide comprehensive administrative support across the OPCC to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our business. 

You will be able to provide effective and varied support to all OPCC staff including senior colleagues by organising meetings, taking minutes, arranging travel and accommodation, paying expenses and ordering goods and services ensuring procedures are followed and audit trails maintained.

With good literacy, numeracy and well developed communication skills you will act as a point of contact for members of the public, dealing with calls and correspondence, providing information, assisting with complaints and Freedom of Information requests.

You will have the ability to analyse and assess information in order to make decisions to enable you to manage a varied workload and work within set timeframes.

This post is available for an immediate start. For more information about the role please contact the OPCC Business Support Team via [email protected]. Please note that due to current restrictions surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic it is likely that interviews will take place via telephone or Skype.

The successful candidate will be subject to management level vetting checks. This post is politically restricted.

This post is suitable for job share. The application process will close at 23:55 hours on Sunday 5th July 2020.

Telephone interviews are scheduled to take place on Wednesday 22 July. This date and format may be subject to change.

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and West Yorkshire Police is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.

For a detailed description of the Competency and Values levels required please refer to the http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Development/competency-and-values-framework/Documents/Competency-and-Values-Framework-for-Policing_4.11.16.pdf (This link may be copied and pasted into your browser). This document will assist you in completing the Evidence of Achievement section of the application form.

Please note: the Evidence of Achievement section will not be visible until the employment section has been completed.



Click here if you are interested in the volunteer Independent Custody Visiting scheme.

Click here if you are a young person interested in the volunteer Youth Advisory Group.